Introduction to our care home
CQC rate our care ‘Outstanding’ and we have won national care awards for ‘Quality of Care’ and ‘Person-Centred Care’.
There is an increasing need, within our community, for our dementia specific services and support. We have been providing a number of specialist residential and community support programmes to people with dementia since 1988. We strive to provide care, designed to assist older people manage their condition more positively, to enhance their lives following the principles of person-centred care and seeking to recognise and maintain, as far as is possible, an individual’s unique qualities, abilities, interests, preferences and needs.
We support people suffering from dementia, specifically Alzheimer’s disease, and we are conveniently located in East Peckham village between Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Maidstone.
Our staff are dementia trained and work within physical environments which are homely, non-institutionalised and intimate.
Many families and carers find the move to residential care a difficult decision to make. Our wealth of experience and knowledge can make the transition easier for everyone involved, we effectively support families and friends, as well as the service user, through this challenging period.
Features of care home life
- Appropriate, planned and individualised daily activities programme
- Lifestyle and leisure programmes designed to meet individual needs include regular music therapy, chair dance, aromatherapy, motivation, Tai Chi classes, reminiscence therapy, a Walk A Day group, feel good pamper days, comprehensive programme of outings
- Cultural and religious preferences include visiting ministers and services, opportunities to regularly attend local church services
- Interaction focused on positive social routines
- Small group interactions
- Appropriate and secure physical environment
- Support from a consistent and familiar team of dementia trained and qualified staff